Flix is a native app that allows you to watch Netflix movies on your BlackBerry® PlayBook™ or BlackBerry® 10 device by playing the movie off-screen on your computer, and transmitting it across your Wi-Fi network in real time to your mobile device.
- Your PlayBook must be on the same Wi-Fi network as your computer.
- Flix requires a relatively high performance computer, otherwise the audio will contain popping noises. For example, my three year old laptop with an Intel Centrino doesn't appear to be up to the task. I'm investigating solutions to this problem
- Flix requires between 1.5 and 10 Mbps transfer speeds between your PC and PlayBook, depending on what quality settings you use.
- When you are watching a Netflix movie on your PlayBook, the computer's audio is redirected to your PlayBook.
- Windows PC only. (Mac is not supported) - Windows XP is not supported. Please use Windows 7 or Windows Vista.
- There are no player controls for rewind or fast forward on the PlayBook at this time, although there is a workaround. I hope to improve this.